What's New in Workplace?
This month we are back with an update on the launch of our new Workplace web experience and iOS chat app. We are also continuing to improve some of our newer product investments - Knowledge Library & Frontline Areas. And lastly, the latest employee engagement kits to help you build an inclusive Workplace community.
Redesigned Workplace experiences
We are continuing to launch the new Workplace website experience and Workplace Chat iOS app while ensuring they are as reliable and feature rich as the current experiences before the end of the year. As a reminder, with these updates, we focused on enhancing performance and improving the overall user experience.
What are the changes?
We are introducing several new functionalities and features, including:
- Dark Mode (website and Chat iOS app): The new Dark Mode helps minimize screen glare and is easier on the eyes, especially for use in low light conditions.
- Full Width Mode (website only): The new Full Width Mode allows people to minimize white space when using Workplace on a large monitor.
- Better post creation experience (website only): We modernized the post creation experience by collapsing the “Add to Your Post” section to improve focus, as well as introducing easier text formatting options.
- Faster navigation (website and Chat iOS app): Using cutting edge infrastructure components developed at Facebook, both the Workplace website and Chat iOS app are now significantly faster, making it easier for you to find the things you need to get work done, and to connect and collaborate with your colleagues.
- Accessibility functionality (website only): We developed several functionalities to make the Workplace website more accessible for customers with accessibility needs. In addition to Dark Mode, we also plan to introduce improved focus management, easier keyboard navigation and support for screen readers.
To learn more about the new and improved functionalities, please visit our Customer Resource Center page. Workplace admins can also find more details around availability in the What’s New section of the Admin Panel.
Create a customized experience with frontline Areas
Areas is a way for admins to group frontline workers into groups based on criteria like geography, department and more. Areas are a great way to empower managers to manage their teams access to Workplace and now we’ve extended the capabilities further. Starting today, each Area can be customized with its own settings including the ability to enable custom pop-up notices based on area. As an example, an Area with all UK based employees might see a pop-up relevant to their region while employees in the Brazil could see something else. Go to the Help Center to learn more about Custom Settings for Areas.
New ways to share & discover Knowledge Library
Sharing and discovering new knowledge in Knowledge Library has never been easier. We’re adding a new invite flow plus a way for people to subscribe to knowledge categories they find important.
As part of the new invite flow, editors and viewers can now be added to edit an individual Knowledge library category. Editors no longer need to be given full access to edit all of Knowledge Library.
We are also adding the option to subscribe to a Knowledge Library category to receive regular updates and updates or progress. Plus editors can decide if an update is important enough to send notifications.
Employee engagement toolkits
This month's employee engagement toolkits are focused on diversity and inclusion. Download the Playbook to learn all about building an inclusive Workplace community using features like Groups, Knowledge Library, Surveys and more. And download and share assets from the Be the Ally Campaign Kit to spread D&I knowledge and raise awareness around your programs and resources.